We are pleased to invite you to attend the 6th NEICON International Conference «Electronic Resources for Research and Education: Development, Promotion and Use».
The conference will be held: Republic of Armenia, Yerevan, 2/2 Azatutyana av., The Radisson BLU Hotel Yerevan.
Conference Dates: September 22 – 29, 2018.
Conference Working Days: September 24 – 27, 2018.
Non-for-profit Partnership «National Electronic-information Consortium» (NP «NEICON»)
The conference will follow and broaden topics of the previous NEICON conferences.
Main Goal of the Conference:
To define a role of Russian and foreign digital resources and services, their development and efficient use in the realization of the governmental policy aimed at increasing the level of Russian education and science, сontribute to development of the system of Russian periodicals and an increase in the Russian presence in a scope of the world scientific information.
The Conference Keynote Speaker:
Professor Doctor Wolfgang Glänzel, full Professor at KU Leuven, Director of the Centre for R&D Monitoring (ECOOM) of the Flemish government, a 1999 winner of the Derek de Solla Price Award from the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI) “for outstanding contributions to quantitative studies of science” the Editor-in-Chief of Scientometrics.
The talk of Prof. Doctor Wolfgang Glänzel is scheduled on Wednesday, 26 September 2018 (main conference program).
Discussion topics include but not limited to:
Nb! Label New! marks a «chefs offer» – special autumn 2018 proposal from the conference program committee.
• Information support for research, education and culture. Finance of scholarly research and education.
• Governmental programs, projects and initiatives on the information support for research, education and culture.
• National and international consortia and their role in the information support for research and education.
• Advancement of the level of research and education. Publication activity. Assessment of research and education. New! 5/100 Project.
• Research management. Advancement, promotion and use of the research management tools. New!Current Research Information Systems (CRIS).
• Quantitative Science of Science: informetrics, scientometrics, bibliometrics etc.
• Digital resource management. Scholarly e-resources: discovery, acquisition, promotion and use. New!Management of Open Access resources. Research Data Management
• Policies and the latest developments of leading providers of electronic scholarly resources.
• Market analysis in the field of e-resources. E-books, e-textbooks and electronic library systems. New!Library publishing.
• New! Advancement of library services. Organization and transformation of library space.
• Open Access Initiative. National and International Open Access projects and programs. New! Open Science. Open Access Repositories. Open Data. Open Educational Resources (OER). Open Peer-review.
• Modern editorial-and-publishing standards and technologies. New! Megajournals.
• Advancement of Russian journals to the international level.
• Associations of science editors and publishers and their role in increasing the level of scholarly publications.
• Learning programs for publishers, authors, research managers and librarians.
The oral talks will be included in the conference program of the first and a half of the second working days.
The rest of the conference program will be given to special events: master-classes, panel discussions and “Speed Dating” – express face-to-face contact between information providers and users.
The latest products of world leading providers of digital scholarly information will be presented at the exhibition.
Conference Program Committee:
Aleksandr Elizarov, Doctor of Phys.-Math. Sci., (Professor), Professor, Kazan Federal University, Kazan, Russia.
Natalia Litvinova, PhD in Philol. Sci., NEICON Expert, Chief Librarian, the Russian State Library, Moscow, Russia.
Olga Moskaleva, PhD in Biol. Sci., Advisor to the Director of Scientific Library, Saint-Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Irina Razumova, PhD in Phys.-Math. Sci., Deputy Director of Science, NEICON, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Mikhail Shvartsman, Chief of Department of Computer System Studies, the Russian State Library, Deputy Director, NEICON, Moscow, Russia.
Alexey Skalaban, NEICON International Expert, Minsk, Republic of Belarus.
You are invited and encouraged to make a presentation on a relevant aspect of the topic. To be included in the conference program, please, mark it on the registration form. Presentations will be accepted for the conference program against consideration of all the abstracts by the conference program committee.
The authors are requested to consider a possibility for both oral and poster presentations.
Abstract submission: Applicants are kindly asked to submit the abstract and electronic version of their presentations for publication on the conference website.
Abstracts must be submitted by 6 00 p.m. (Moscow Time Zone, MTZ) on Friday, August 31, 2018.
Please, fill out the abstract submission form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 00 p.m. MTZ, on Friday, August 31, 2018.
Please, indicate the Title of your talk, First Names, Surnames and Patronimic Names (if applicable) of all authors and co-authors, city, country and the affiliation and the Conference Speaker.
Abstract is required in Word formats with up to 700 characters length (blanks counted)
Registration deadline: July 15, 2018.
In case of the hotel room availability, the deadline could be postponed, however accompanied by an increase in the registration fee.
Please, notice that we foresee the shortage of plane tickets, therefore, we advice to pay the registration fee in a due time.
Online registration is open on the conference website, please switch to English.
Participation agreement, invoice and act will be issued against the submittance of online registration form.
Payment deadline: August 15, 2018.
The program will be available at the beginning of September 2018.