- This event has passed.
Public Speaking – Class 5 (December 6):
2018-12-06 @ 18:00 - 20:30
This course is open to masters, doctoral, post-doctoral, and research affiliates of MISIS university only.
Course Goals: prepares candidates to effectively interface publicly with the academic community
- to increase confidence as public speakers through diligent, purposeful practice
- to learn how to competently engage with an audience
- to enhance candidates’ careers by learning effective public speaking skills, which are also useful in writing and composition
Public Speaking for Scientists is a course designed for researches, scientific aspirants, teachers of English and other languages, and all other graduate-level candidates keen to improve their public speaking personas.
In this course you will learn to:
- Overcome (or at least learn to navigate through) fears of public speaking/stage fright
- Present effectively to a peer community
- Practice critical evaluations to generate self-awareness toward improving oratory skills
- Deliver well-structured speeches through well-crafted, engaging PowerPoint presentations