5 weeks = 20 academic hours
The classes start at 18:00 and finish at 19:30, lecture room G-589.
The course lasts 20 academic hours and comprises 5 major topics:
- to learn grammar and vocabulary required for further study of Academic English
- to form a sound base of critical thinking skills necessary to read scientific publications
- to develop the ability to select and present information, organizing arguments and ideas logically
- to acquire knowledge of the unwritten rules of academic writing
- to become aware of scientific writing ethics and ways of avoiding plagiarism
Candidates will study a scientific article related to their field of research where the target language is used.