August 24, 2017
The Scientific Communication School aims to develop research-related skills, i.e.: presenting and promoting research results, writing articles in English for publication in high-ranked journals. In addition, the School engages teachers, specialists, experts and researchers in various fields and fostering an international dialogue.
Start date: 13.09.2017
End date: 15.09.2017
Location: Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU) in Tomsk, Russia.
The School tracks:
Track 1: Effective scientific communication in the Open Science era
Track 2: English language as a scientific communication tool “Scientific Communication Across Space and Time”
The main topics of the School are:
- How to increase visibility of scientific results of scientists and organizations in the international community. Using the tools of Research Intelligence;
- Management of publications in educational and scientific organizations;
- A successful scientist: the path from a graduate student to the head of a scientific group;
- Social Impact: indicators of scientists in the media and social networks;
- Modern trends in written scientific communication, a review of the new functions of Elsevier Publishing Campus. Visualization of scientific results;
- Councils of editors and reviewers on writing articles in high-ranked journals. Editing bibliographic lists using Mendeley, EndNOTE;
- Elevator Pitch or how to effectively go to the conference;
- Writing scientific texts in English;
- Introduction of the subject-language integrated learning in the process of teaching scientific communication in an engineering university.
The School tracks target young scientists and managers, as well as science-intensive enterprises and technology companies.